Volunteer: It's a great way to give back to your community!
Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV welcomes individuals who may want to contribute their time to working with our youth. Many opportunities are available in the areas of recreation and sports, arts and crafts, martial arts, drama, dance, music, leadership development, fundraising, special events, chaperoning, computer literacy training, clerical support and more! Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV needs volunteers. Help us help our children.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV need YOU!
Our volunteers help us in serving nearly 16,783 youth each year. Volunteers lend their expertise in programming, administrative and general support. We believe that the most important aspect of volunteer placement is that an individual’s skills, talents and time commitments match and meet the needs of the organization. Give back to your community while changing a child’s life!
Help us help our children!
Long-term and short-term volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
|• Programming||• Tutorial (all subjects, all grades)||• Recreation and Sports|
|• Leadership Development||• Photography||• Culinary Arts|
|• Martial Arts||• Arts and Crafts||• Music|
|• Drama||• Dance||• Partnerships|
|• Executive Partners||• Corporate Partners||• Adopt-a-Club Program|
|• Administrative||• Board of Directors||• Fundraising|
|• Clerical Support||• Computer Network Management||• General|
|• Maintenance||• Custodial||• Landscaping|
|• Plumbing||• Painting||• Repairs|
Get Involved Today
There are many ways to be involved with Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV!
We always welcome new faces to help us shape the future of our communities.
If you are looking to volunteer regularly, mentoring a child is a great avenue. If you want to contribute but don’t have the time to volunteer, consider donating to the organization, a program or an event.
To get involved on a daily basis with the kids in our community who need us most, contact us.
We hope to see you soon. Together we can provide promise and hope — in more ways than one!
Be the one by making a difference and deepening your impact to Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV. Create and promote your own personal fundraising page to friends, family and colleagues.
Through a few easy steps you can build your own page and become an advocate and champion for kids. Celebrate a special occasion or honor someone in your life while making a difference. Be GREAT so our kids can be something.
BE a mentor at Boys & Girls Clubs
Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV welcomes and appreciates those in the community who want to support our efforts through volunteering.
We strongly believe in the valuable role that volunteers play in transforming the lives of our members. As little as one hour per week is all it takes to have a positive impact on a child’s life. Every Club offers volunteer opportunities for adults to work directly with youth as mentors and tutors, and by providing career guidance, internships and college preparation support. We also welcome corporations seeking one day, project-based volunteer opportunities.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV is very serious about our responsibility for the youth in our care. We are proud of our excellent reputation as a safe haven for youth. Therefore, all volunteers must undergo a thorough screening process that includes:
- Volunteer Application
- Drug Testing
- Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI)
- Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)
- National CORI
- Local Police Record Check
- Volunteers must be ages 18 or older
Join our Volunteer Corps! This special group of individuals focuses on one-time special events and projects. As a member of our Volunteer Corps, you will receive specialized communications with upcoming opportunities that you can choose to participate in. Volunteer Corps is the perfect group for volunteers who want to help Boys & Girls Clubs through a wide variety of rewarding volunteer activities with less time commitment. Contact Us if you would like to join the volunteer corp.
Volunteer Corps opportunities include:
- Scrub-a-Club – Help us provide a clean, welcoming, kid-friendly environment at our Clubs! Volunteer activities may include washing and painting walls, cleaning carpets, planting flowers, and general Club clean-up activities.
- Club Program Events – Help with special programs and events at the Clubs! Opportunities may include: Haunted House set-up and tear down (October), Fine Arts Judge (Winter), State Gameroom Tournament officials (November) and many more!
- Special Events – Help BGCMD with projects that help make our fundraising events run smoothly. Opportunities may include: Helping as a server at our Celebration of Family Thanksgiving Dinner , preparing silent auction items for the annual “Steak” in Your Community Dinner, and much more! With your help, we can raise the dollars needed to help us provide a safe and enriching place for young people to go after the school bell rings.
- Sponsor Annual Golf Tournament
- Host a Fundraiser or Hold a raffle or auction
- Volunteer in the Clubs as a Tutor/Mentor
- Lend Public Relations/Marketing Skills
- Supply Auction Items
- Supply In Kind Printing
- Sponsor an Event
- Create a Scholarship Program
- Host a Corporate Lunch & Learn
- Come to a Facility Tour
- Provide Connections with Famous Athletes/Celebrities
- Partner with Media for a Cause Related Marketing Project
- Host Drive Kickoff or Finale
- Sponsor a Family